What is EBM Consult?
- EBM Consult is a searchable online system made up of 16 different databases of free core medical education information for most health care professions (i.e., medicine, pharmacy, and nursing) with the goal of trying to integrate common medical knowledge and clinical experience with the best available evidence in a manner that is concise, easy to understand, clinically relevant, and patient oriented.
- We desire to give busy health care providers and those in training free access to:
- Core medical content and images for everyone to use
- Basic general medical information that is sometimes needed as a quick reference
best available evidence for specific topics that is concise, easy to
understand, and integrated with previously learned knowledge.
- Click here to see a few samples:
- EBM Focused Topics:
- The PERC Rule in the Bedside Assessment for PE
- Head CT Prior to LP in Bacterial Meningitis
- Nitroglycerin Dose Conversion from IV to Paste
- Clinical Trial Summaries:
- Anatomy & Pathology Summaries:
- Drug Monograph:
- Reference Tools:
- Sedative and Hypnotic Agents Used in RSI & Procedural Sedation
- Neuromuscular Blockers/Paralytics Used in Surgery and RSI
- Differential Diagnoses:
- Biostatistics Reference:
- Radiographic Tools:
- Procedural Anatomy:
- Toxicology Reference:
- Lab Tests Summaries:
start typing a keyword into the search box and select from the options
present in the system or you can search the individual databases
manually seeing the categories and subcategories with associated
- For more information on how to search the databases click on the "How To Search?" button to the right.
- The content is authored, reviewed, and edited by licensed, practicing health care providers in medicine, pharmacy, and nursing in the U.S. that represent a number of different practice environments, including academia and community or private based practices.
- Where it is needed, we will also include experts in other areas of medical science or health care to contribute or review content.
- For more information click on About Us or Editorial Board buttons to the right.
What is this?
How is this different from other information?
How does it work?
Who is Writing and Editing This Content?